Travel Information: COVIDSafe Environment
community I Our Commitment to Cleanliness I Cancellation Policy
We are extremely fortunate to enjoy a location that offers an abundance of open spaces,a beautiful private nature reserve and plenty of fresh air for you to enjoy and relax within. Our cottages are positioned throughout our cottage precinct offering guests privacy and serenity.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and team is our absolute priority and we are committed to providing the highest standards of service, cleanliness and hygiene. We hope that these added precautions that we have implemented will provide you with peace of mind when planning your stay with us. When you are ready to travel again, we will be here waiting to check you in.
Supporting local businesses is extremely important and you can check availability and make bookings directly with us by following the BOOK NOW link on this page.
Whilst staying with us, guests enjoy the following acommodation amenities:
- All of our one and two bedroom cottages are fully self-contained providing guests with kitchenette facilities featuring cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, BBQ, fridge and toaster oven. Our four bedroom cottage provides a full kitchen to guests to utilise.
- Guests can purchase items from our Hamper Menu and orders will be placed in your cottage prior to your arrival.
- All cottages have a full mini bar featuring a selection of Yarra Valley wines, craft beers, cider and snacks to purchase whilst staying with us.
- All cottages, with the exception of two of our two bedroom cottages are freestanding offering guests complete privacy and minimal engagement with other guests staying with us.
- All cottages have opening windows and sliding door opening on to your private deck.
- Guests can park their car immediately adjacent to their cottage.
When you are ready to travel again, and to ensure you are able to completely relax in the peaceful surrounds of your private cottage, we want to reassure you that we’re working with our team and external suppliers to ensure hygiene and sanitation standards are in line with the absolute latest health protocols, and that high touchpoints are being regularly sanitised.
Whilst we have always had strict hygiene practices and cleaning standards in place, as further precautions, we have introduced a number of additional measures to reduce the risk and ensure a safer environment including:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, etc. utilising hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Our staff have successfully completed the Victorian Government Return to Work E-learning course: ‘Operating a hospitality business in a COVID-19 environment’.
- We have implemented contact free check-in and check-out protocols.
- We have discontinued the delivery of a morning newspaper and we encourage you to utilise the complimentary Wi-Fi to remain updated with the daily news via your own electronic devices.
- We have implemented a cashless environment and all payments must be made using either a credit card or ‘tap and go’.
- We have placed antibacterial hand sanitisers in all public areas.
- We have implemented social distancing practices throughout our business.
Guest amenities operating under changed conditions:
- Guests may order from our Hamper Menu whilst staying with us. Depending on the rate you have booked, guests enjoy a continental breakfast hamper and all cottages include a full mini bar for guests to purchase from.
- The Members’ Lounge & Bar, Members’ Dining Room and Members’ Terrace are open to guests for lunch Tuesday – Sunday, and for dinner on Friday & Saturday. Bookings are essential and more information is available by following the below links.
- View our current operating hours View our current menus
- Guests may book tee times to play the private Member Eastern Golf Club – tee times are subject to availability and green fees apply. Cart hire is subject to availability.
- The Fitness Centre will open to Guests on Saturday, December 5 from 6.00am – 9.00pm daily. Bookings are essential and can be made directly with The Sports Shop. The shower facilities in the Fitness Centre and Clubhouse Locker Rooms remain closed and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Our Tennis Courts are open for singles tennis only and bookings can be made with The Sports Shop. Guests must bring their own racquets and balls.
- Guests may continue to use our 12 km of bushwalking trails located within our private nature reserve.
- Our event facilities can be booked and are subject to current DHHS guidelines regarding density quota limits.
Guest amenities that are temporarily closed:
- Adult & Children’s Games’ Rooms.
- Guest Laundry facilities.
For the purposes of contact tracing, and only if requested by DHHS, we will require the telephone contact details of all guests staying with us. Guests will also be asked to provide current photo identification that includes your residential address – in the way of a Drivers Licence or Passport – prior to your arrival. Children will be deemed to reside at the address of their parents. This information will be retained for 28 days at which time it will be destroyed.
In addition, our staff are aware of the importance of monitoring their own health and if they feel unwell or are showing signs of illness, they will be supported whilst they remain home in self isolation. For the safety and health of our staff and the whole community, we are also requesting that all our guests practice good general hygiene and if feeling unwell, remain at home and postpone their travels.
metropolitan melbourne ‘easing of restrictions’ announcement – november 8, 2020
We will be open for leisure travel from Monday, November 9, 2020 – there are still some guidelines in place with regards to who you are travelling with and guests should familiarise themselves with these prior to booking. We would like thank all of our guests for your patience, understanding and support during these challenging times – we have missed you and cannot wait to check you in again soon. Stay well and stay safe.
Reservation Cancellation Policy:
For any guests who have made bookings to stay with us prior to October 27, 2020 and are unable to travel due to current Metropolitan Melbourne travel restrictions, you have the options of:
- Changing your dates without penalty and applying any monies already paid to the new booking.
- Receiving a credit that can be used for future accommodation bookings at Yering Gorge Cottages. Credit is valid for a year from the date of your cancellation.
Any changes of accommodation dates will be subject to availability, any rate differences and minimum night stays will be applicable.
For guests who have booked to stay with us since October 27, 2020 and are no longer able to travel for whatever reason please note that our normal cancellation policies will apply.
We encourage all travellers to check the cancellation policies of our rates before booking; and where possible, take out travel insurance.
If you are holding a group booking, please contact our team via email to check future availability and the option of moving your booking to an alternate date.
Third Party Bookings / Online Travel Agents
For guests who have booked through a travel agent, online booking platform or any other third party booking platforms, please contact your booking provider directly for assistance.
No Show Charges
These will apply as normal. To avoid this charge, please contact us directly to amend or cancel your booking.
Last Updated: December 4, 2020